The TPP Fellowship is a journey designed to help you build your confidence, network, self-advocacy skills, public speaking skills, work experience, and more...
We believe that healed-people heal-people, and that those with lived experience are the best people to help others to heal. TPP’s paid Fellowship will engage formerly incarcerated people in our Restorative Justice (RJ) programming. In 2022, Fellows will bring TPP programming to the next level, launch TPP’s first ever RJ program for formerly incarcerated people, and provide thoughts to develop the future of the TPP Fellowship.
- Restorative Justice-focused orientation, training, and ongoing programming
- Job skills and skill-building that will help support your future employment
- Job training, technology training, and related employment resources
- Mentorship, feedback, and positive reinforcement from the TPP Team
- A peer network of successful formerly-incarcerated individuals
- Partnership with a licensed social worker and addiction counselor to help address your individual needs
- Additional guidance and support to meet your individual needs (for example, employment, housing, banking, driver’s license, important documents, community resources, etc.)
- Opportunities to share your story through community partners, which may include local colleges and universities, DYS facilities, DOC facilities, DA programs, community partners, corporate spaces, etc.
- Must be a formerly-incarcerated individual who embraces Restorative Justice principles
- Though previous experience with RJ is not required, preference will be given to those who have successfully led or completed RJ programming
- Ability to work collaboratively with individuals of all backgrounds and system leaders
- An aspiration to be a future community leader
- Must submit a CORI form upon selection
Physical Demands & Environment
Sitting in a chair. Able to work at a computer. Loca Travel. Frequent evening and weekend hours.
This work is primarily remote due to COVID-19 but will likely require in-person availability in an office setting or in the community. Programming is provided either virtually or in-person at the discretion of TPP and our community partners.
Compensation and Details
TPP Fellows will be compensated at a rate of $25 per hour. (Taxable income.) Fellows will engage with TPP for an average of 20 hours per week for the duration of their Fellowship. The inaugural 2022 Fellowship will operate through June 30, 2022. The timeline and specific hours will be mutually agreed upon in advance by TPP and each Fellow. All fellowship requirements, including orientation, training, and meetings, are compensated at this hourly rate. Fellowships are funding-dependent. TPP reserves the right to discontinue fellowship at our discretion.